Ship Recycling Association undertakes the following activities.
Labour welfare activities:
- Industry extends financial assistance for the facilities and equipments of Red Cross hospital at Alang
- Fully equipped mobile hospital to handle emergencies, and free medical check-up for workers and their family is provided by the industry.
- Medical camps for diagnosis and treatment of workers at the yard being organized by the association.
- Visiting team of IMO/ILO/Basel expressed their satisfaction over the improvements of safety and environment that have taken place at Alang. They were not only impressed but astonished to see the actual picture of Alang.
- Regular safety training programs are conducted and audio-visual training is given to the workers.
- Health awareness camps are organized on regular basis.
- Safety Audit is conducted jointly by GMB and SRIA.
Social welfare activities:
- Generous contributions to the hospitals and charitable trusts in Bhavnagar.
- Contribution towards CM Relief Funds in the eventuality of natural calamities.
- Provides funds to educational institutions and health centre in Bhavnagar
- Handsome contributions towards PM’S RELIEF FUND during Kargil war and Tsunami
- Rescue operations debris clearance during the Gujarat Earthquake
- The construction of 4 primary schools in Kutch region is fully sponsored by industry.
- Association also organizes and participates in the trade fares.
- Set up Disaster Management Centre at Bhavnagar for government